9.25.2008

One month dudes

Hey guys I'm back. sry I haven't written in awhile but between10 hour long school days and sleeping its been tough.

We have another typhoon coming our way which i'm getting excited for and i get to visit taipei city with my family tomorow to go shoppping, hopefully i can find that elusive rugby ball (all they play here is basketball, and all the shops sell are basketballs, it's getting absurd). I was looking to find a club to play rugby as well but the closest one is a mens one that is a 2 hour train ride away so it looks like ima have to make my own. School has been great, I've made alot of new friend and the girls have settled down a bit. In gym class i fail hard at basketball so i just impress them with my running haha, it's really just so i dont get fat because my mother feeds me truck loads of food, and when i only eat a little the chef is like ni bu shi hwan(you dont like) and i'm like wo shi hwan, wo si bow lei (i like it but i'm full) and it continues like this until one of us give up or i sit and eat more. I haven't found much time to longboard but there are some wicked hills near my house and i still have to put together my second board so i can go cruise.

I now take aboriginal dance, potery, weaving, drawing, woodcarving, photoshop, computer animation, computer programing, math, english, chinese and i also teach an english class on fridays which is pretty fun, i get to choose how i teach and i must say i'm pretty wicked at it. Oh and in addition to being a chick magnet i'm also i dude magnet :9 i have 4 gay guys that hit on me but i'm thinking after this is all said and done i will not have a homophobic bone in my body unless i get raped.....

Me and the exchange students get along really, well most weekends we'll watch a movie since all of our school mates are in weekend school haha, the last one we watched was really bad. You know when you barely understand a thing that goes on in your everyday life you really look forward to see a movie in english where you will be able to fully grasp everything....well it's a huge let down when you don't and the movie sucks ass. something about swearing britihs people that kill priests, and then by accident kill a baby. in the end a movie star, heroine addicted, racist, prostitue loving midget gets his face blown off then a guy kills himself because he though the midget was a child and said he had to stick to his principles because he was trying to kill the guy that mistakenly killed the kid.

I dunno i hated it then i went to play bowling with every one. We played a game of pool, South America vs North America and sadly we went down hard, i think Brasil payed America to take the dive, dirty cheating Brazilians. I got the high score on the punching game by fluek and i got the high score on the hammer game (the one where you hit a button with a mallet as hard as you can) because of my Canadian wood chopping skills. then we all take off to a rotary dinner. me and the exchange from California joke and giggle like school girls like we would back home which is awsome i actually had a few tears in my eyes making fun of British saying the word cock and racist midgets.

This week we went to watch fight Club after school and me and Hugo got lost in the city trying to find block buster for two hours. finally we found it by fluek and found out that absolutley no where has fight club, so we ended up settling for God father part one. When we got back to hugo's house i felt so inclined to take off my pants and make myself comfortable because uniform really do suck as much as people say. I soon realised i had made a mistake when Hugo's host father came home and it became really akward hahaha. I had to leave early because my mother needed to pick me up because it wasn't safe to ride home at night even though all the streets are lit, my bike is yellow and my shirt is white. I think she was mad because i didn't come home first but i called the maid who speaks english, who passed the message along to her becauseI needed clear communication but like our house is a 20 min bike ride from the city so it would be to much wasted time. I dunno i don't want to argue because is really kind to me and she is gracious enough to take me into her home. It's just culture i think because here parents hold the kids hand right up until there done university.

Well maybe I'll get more freedom as it is only the first month but I miss you guys and I hope your making the best of the grad year and to my family i will try to keep this as up to date as possible and try to send more emails.

<3 Ben