10.22.2008

SRYSRYSRYSRYSRY

UPDATE: Ok i'm going to be turning about awhole bunch of stories in the next week so keep watching. I'm so sorry it's been a month but god damn am I lazy

Ok I'll be honest (seldom seen on the internet)I completely blanked on Turkey day haha so I guess its a belated happy turkey day this year by about one day your time 2 days mine. but what better way to make up for me forgetting and well not being there than with a BLOGPOST!! YAYA

Ok so in about a week I will be at 2 months :O!! pretty irrelevant to this post but just a fun fact.

Taipei


I left you guys somewhere before i randomly got dropped off in taipei with my friend willy (Brazil) for a couple days, it was supposed to be 1 night but i got hit with a wicked typhoon. So one day my mom decides to ask me if I want to go taipei, of course I say yes, so she tells me on saturday morning I'm going to taipei and meeting willy at Taipei main station, so I'm super excited on this and even more so that my mother actually is doing this for me because usually I'd have to be more around 9 or 10 and there would be a flurry of phone calls when ever I asked to go anywhere. My mother, her friend Brenda and I jumped on a train at 11 that morning, and spent the two hour long train ride train sifting through some of the shit cody put on my iPod for something i like, it was funny I did end up finding some new music i liked and I had some good laughs with some of the stuff i found absolutely horrid (insect warfare) plus some good memories on the side. So i get broken outta the daze by Hana saying this is where i get off, she hands me some money for food and tells me to phone willy then waves good bye. So i give Willy a shout and after navigating my way outta the station and into the main hall i finally meet up with him and his two friends. So we spend most of the day in and out of computer shops looking for a new laptop and a cell phone for me, which I must say these stores are way different then the ones we got in Canada, there about 4 floors packed to the tits with anything electronic you want it’s nuts. Oh and we made a stop at subway and absolutely nothing is different about the one here than in Canada, from the wall paper to behind the counters it's all the same. Some where in here we tagged up with two of Willy’s Brazilian friends who had been here for like 7 months already. We walked around some more, and finally picked out a mac book for willy and then went off to meet some more exchange students after Willy ran off to have dinner with his friend’s parents. We met all the French ones at a Shisha bar then after this we met up with the brazilian ones at mc Donalds and went to explore Taipei’s malls, random side shops. Two of the brazilian guys I was with played rugby and beaked my league because I was a number 1 haha. But Taipei is def a cool city at night, the lights, the sounds, the huge buildings and random tattoo and clothing stalls.

The next day I got trapped inside with Pauline (the Rotarian who picked me up at the airport and who is now hosting me for my stay in Taipei) because a huge Typhoon was hitting Taiwan. So usually when a typhoon is hitting people seldom go outside but we ended up running soup around Taipei. Now this was no easy task in huge winds which would knock the car all over the road when you turned corners. And I swear we we’re going to crash because the rain was coming so fast that the windshield wipers couldn’t keep up at all it was crazy. The wind even ended up tearing my umbrella to bits when I was trying to put it down coming into the car. But after that the rest of my day was spent watching some really bad HBO and getting frustrated at easting slippery noodles with slippery metal chop sticks >:(

The next day I get woken up by my host sister Lana calling, me being the over thinking type of guy I figure I’ll ignore it and grab a shower so I’m not forced to run outta the house all smelly to meet her because first of all I wouldn’t be able to tell her I want to have a shower and secondly Taiwanese never shower in the morning the preffer there showers at night. I will never understand this mainly because well what the point in having a shower before you go to bed in a filthy bed and just sweat again but what ev’s. So I’m feeling all clean minus my face because I thought I was going for one night so stupid me didn’t bring a razer and I’m looking mad scruffy. So I get outta the shower, Pauline is gone and someones ringing the terribly annoying doorbell Pauline has (a mix of a horrible classical song in doorbell form that is turned up to loud for a small apartment), so I crack the door open and wada ya know my host sis, WORD! So we say hi she tells me we’re meeting Willy at Taipei main and that I should call him. So we sort stuff out and next thing I’m out the door wearing the same clothes I was wearing the other day and into MRT. Me and Lana (yes I know Lana and I is proper English but your in my blog) spend over an hour giggling and talking while we wait for Willy to show up, he finally arrives, I say good bye to Lana because she’s got to study and head of with Willy and his friend to switch up our tickets to 8:25pm.

Next we head off and meet up with Willy’s friends again and he takes off again with his friend and me and two exchange students from Brazil spend a pretty uneventful after noon of laughing in mcdonalds and sharing music and playing video games in Starbucks. Then I meet back up with Willy, trains delayed and we’re taking the slow all with me having to go to school the next day. We stroll back in to Hualien at around 1 a.m., I hop in my car hoping that she speed so I can get some sleep since I got school at 7:30 that morning 